Sunday, February 1, 2009

Woo Hoo! I Sold Another One!

Okay,

I have to just do my little happy dance! On Friday, I sent off my fourth contract with Loose Id, LLC! Yup, I said fourth. And this one is my first M/M erotic romance--so I'm a little nervous about it's acceptance by the readers.

I am so stoked that my stories have found a home at Loose Id. I'm even happier that there are readers pleased with the characters I've created. It's nice to know the wild voices in my head are being accepted by others. (And no one is rushing off to get the men in the white coats to take me away!) LOL. I've received the nicest emails from readers and reviewers who say the coolest things about my books and ask about other characters in them.

I keep hoping this will be the year for me to produce and sell more books. I'm off to an okay start with one contract and a new release out in January, I just need to keep the momentum going. Many times, I worry that I don't write enough or that the length of what I do write is too long and I should try writing shorter stories. (Santa's Elf, my first book, was 68K words. Unfair Advantage is 85K words. Meeting A Neighbor's Needs and my fourth book, Diablo Blanco Club: Under Control are 28K and 23K words respectively.)

I already have a bit of a schedule going. I get up around 4 or 5 AM to post promotions and excerpts to different loops. Then I try to write on my stories for about an hour before getting ready for work. Once I return from work, I go through my emails, participate in various loop chats, continue posting excerpts on the loops until I get ready for bed.

With the talented authors out there, I'd love to learn some of your secrets. Do any of you have a specific schedule you adhere to in order to produce your books? Should I start aiming for shorter books or should I let the story determine its length?

Please, let me know. I'd love any kind of input.

No comments: