Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Visit to a Dungeon!

Floggers and Whips and Wands, Oh My!

I am sending out a HUGE thank you to Beth Wylde today! Yesterday was an experience I cannot wait to repeat.

For those of you who didn't know, Beth Wylde set up Literary Foreplay, a group reading from nine authors of erotic and speculative fiction, at a dungeon here in North Carolina. I was lucky enough to be one of the authors invited and, oh my, Sekr had some nice toys!

It was an interesting experience. The reading, as well as the dungeon. I was able to hear authors' works that I don't think I would normally read. The central theme for all the stories was the BDSM and Dominant/submissive elements within them. Since my own stories carry that theme, it made the experience even more intriguing. If you get an opportunity to participate or attend any other readings Beth sets up, I would encourage you to do so!!

When I arrived I was lucky enough to sneak in on a little lesson our hostess was giving Yvette Hines, one of the other authors, about floggers. And the collection Sekr had was amazing. Fur, patent leather, braided, and even one made of tinsel. Yes, I said tinsel. When I saw the room and the closet of toys, I wished I'd left earlier than I had so there would have been more time for me to explore.

Today I'm running around getting ready for RWA's National conference in Orlando, Florida. But my mind keeps going back to the things I saw and heard last night. I'm kinda thinking now that I should have stayed to watch the scene play, but edits were calling me home.

I'm off to work on the edits that kept me from playing last night. Have yourselves a great day!!

Qwillia
(Cross posted with Midnight Seductions)

No comments: