Friday, October 8, 2010

A Bit Off Topic

I posted on another blog today about copyright infringement. It was only a tiny post, but I thought I'd repeat it here since it impacts my Diablo Blanco Club books.

As much as I love writing, I also have to accept that I need to make money from that writing or I won't be able to continue my dream career.

How does that impact the reader? No more DBC. No more Halseys. No more books.

I know I'm no Lora Leigh or Shiloh Walker, but I am an author with powerful characters that make my readers happy (at least that's what I assume based on the emails I've gotten from readers.)

So, here you go, my mini-rant on copyright on Sensual 'N' Secret Blog:

I've been occupied dealing with something that impacts me directly.

What you might ask? Copyright Infringement.

Yeah, not so sexy, but when I consider my main income now is my writing, and I write erotic romance novels, it makes me realize I'm never going to be able to get into the 'mood' if I'm broke and unemployed. Internet piracy has cost me sales and it's impacted what I want to do in my life.

The United States government is acting on the infringement issues that are impacting so many artists, authors, and programmers, and I'm sure it's going to be a hot button for so many people. What I do appreciate, is the fact that they are requesting responses from those impacted in determining consequences and penalties.

I promise next time to discuss something a little more sexy, but right now, thinking about my future is taking all the 'heat' out of me.

If you're interested in learning more, or commenting yourself, here's the link to the information.
Commerce Seeks Comments

Qwillia

No comments: