Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies!!

I have to admit I love the holiday season. Because of all the baking.
This year I'm going to be ambitious and do something I haven't done in almost a decade -- bake Christmas cookies. In mass quantities, that is. I make chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies all the time, but I haven't actually taken the time to make the Christmas cookies that have been a family tradition.
My grandmother's sugar cookies as well as her gingerbread. The last time I made them I burned out the motors to two hand held mixers. Yup, they're wickedly thick. Heck the recipe is from the early 1900s, just like the gingerbread recipe.
Even better is the candy --Dog Food.
It only has four ingredients, powdered sugar, condensed milk, food coloring, and peanut butter.

Wish me luck, it's been a while. I'll post the chocolate chip recipe when I get done.

Qwillia

No comments: