Friday, January 28, 2011

What Makes Me Blush

Although I've posted two other blogs this morning -- one at Sensual N Secrets and the other at Midnight Seductions Authors, I thought I'd add another blog here. Get into the habit of trying to stay visible on the internet. LOL



If you didn't get a chance to read my post at MSA on the 25th, here it is again:


What Makes Me Blush


You would think, as an author of highly erotic romance novels, it would be difficult to make me blush. Not true. If anyone turns their attention toward me, I go red. And not a becoming pink flush to the cheeks -- oh no -- I go beet red and it only gets worse when someone points out that I'm red.


I have no problem discussing the most intimate information with others. I've done my research and investigated all kinds of fun and kinky things, but don't expect me to talk about htem without coloring up.


This can prove a bit distracting, especially when I discuss my philosophy behind Dominant/submissive relationships and the inclusion of BDSM in novels. I mean really, just how serious are you going to take a presentation about Power Exchanges, when the lady talking is bright red from the top of her head to the tips of her toes? Heck, even my scalp goes neon!


It's not that I'm ashames or uneasy about the subject -- far from that. I love analyzing D/s and BDSM information. I just don't like to be the center of attention.


And it isn't just sex that makes me blush. Even when I taught, I had issues with blushing. The kids would focus on me when I was giving instructions and, inevitably, one voice would pipe up with, "Wow, you're red! Are you angry?" and I'd have to say, no, I'm not angry, I just blush easily.


I don't think it's going to change any time soon, so I've resigned myself to keeping my discussion about kink centered to online. LOL, at least this way, the people reading the emails or chats, can't see how red I am.

Qwillia

1 comment:

harrisonmeg said...

Hi Quilla,
I totally understand! This particular phenomenon happens to me all the time too. It's bad enough to be the center of attention but, then you turn bright red and your caught in the high beam hell cause people are enthralled by your redness!! I can't make it stop and there is no dimmer switch! **SIGH**
With total sympathy, Meg